users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Issue with Stateless EJB pool & TX

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 09:14:26 -0500 (CDT)

In JMX, I'm looking at each bean's pool stats - the created and destroyed
count are going up way more than I would expect and I'm not clear why.

But I think at this point my biggest problem is I'm failing to understand
what an EJB transaction means in the context of a stateless session bean and
how I can prevent it.

Whenever I invoke one of my stateless EJBs, the transaction-service
commited-transaction count goes up in the JMX stats despite adding
@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.BEAN) and
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED).

First of all, is there documentation somewhere describing what a stateless
EJB tx does?

And more importantly how do I turn them off?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'javaseamus']