users@glassfish.java.net

Using params passed to monitoring infrastructure to list dynamic entries

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 05:43:36 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, when creating custom monitoring as defined by
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19226-01/820-7727/ghopc/index.html [1] is
it possible to use the values passed as parameters to define dynamic
attributes in the monitoring tree?

Say in my case I have a resource adapter that connects to multiple servers
and for example I wish to record the connection times for each server
individually, I can create a probe and a listener that accept a parameter
defining the server to which the statistic pertains, but then is it possible
to add dynamic attributes or somehow use the server details to display the
average times for each server rather than globally. For example I can goto
http://localhost:4848/monitoring/domain/server/ra/test/ and get the monitored
attributes, is it possible to do
http://localhost:4848/monitoring/domain/server/ra/test/server1 for example?

Thanks