users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Limit MDB pool size to 1

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 06:49:49 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks for your response.

You said:

"jms/ConnectionFactory seems not used anywhere in your app so it's
complaining about this <resource-ref> element. Also <message-destination>
wiring is not clear to me."

My app codes the MDB as follows:

@MessageDriven(mappedName="jms/MyQueue") public class MyQueueListener
implements MessageListener { }
There is no mention of ConnectionFactory in this code itself, but it works. I
guess the bean must figure out the ConnectionFactory from the destination
specified. I put the <resource-ref> in the deployment descriptor just becuase
I was copying it from the JIRA link you sent earlier. I have never deployed
an MDB using a deployment descriptor, so what I have must be full of
problems. Can you suggest some hints on how to fix it and/or point me to a
good reference? (I tried looking up the docs but they were not easy to
understand for me.)

"Which version of GlassFish, is it a full profile or web profile?"

GlassFIsh 3.1, Full Profile.

"What's different between your original, working app, and this failed
deployment?"

Zero differences. All I did was to add this deployment descriptor under
WEB-INF to limit the pool size to 1.

Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nbhatia']