users@glassfish.java.net

Connecting GlassFish 3.1 to ActiveMQ using genericra

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 16:17:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hi I am trying to connect GlassFish 3.1 to ActiveMQ using genericra and the
instructions in the GlassFish Deployment Guide (Deploying a Connector
Module). I have also consulted the articles here [1] and here [2] (these are
targeted to GlassFish 2). Unfortunately when I try to ping ActiveMQ from the
GlassFish Admin Console, it fails with this message:

Ping Connection Pool for jms/AmqConnectionFactory is Failed. Ping failed
Exception - org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQXAConnectionFactory Please check the
server.log for more details.
The message in the log file is not very useful:

WARN
 com.sun.enterprise.connectors.service.ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl[
431] - RAR8054: Exception while creating an unpooled [test] connection for
pool [ jms/AmqConnectionFactory ],
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQXAConnectionFactory

ERROR org.glassfish.admingui.common.util.RestUtil[ 313] -
RestResponse.getResponse() gives FAILURE.  endpoint =
'http://localhost:4848/management/domain/resources/ping-connection-pool';
attrs = '{id=jms/AmqConnectionFactory}'

Where can I start to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks.

Naresh

[1]
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/rampsarathy/archive/2007/03/glassfish_v2_an.html?force=659
[2] http://www.packtpub.com/article/configuring-jms-resources-in-glassfish-2

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nbhatia']