users@glassfish.java.net

Re: maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin upgrade failure

From: Ian Smith <m4r35n357_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:04:28 +0000

I have since converted my plugin configuration in the POM to 3.1
standard, and am using the 3.1 default domain.xml (mentioned in the
docs) with the addition of my datasource.

This has made no difference at all, the failure mode is exactly the
same as before (no server listening on HTTP port, maven output
indicates that server is working and that app is deployed), but the
strange thing is, if I go back to version 3.0.1 everything works
again, even with the updated configs.

So, I now have a project that can be rendered useless simply by
deleting the two characters ".0" in my POM, with all source and config
otherwise untouched.

I can only conclude that the maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin is broken in 3.1.

Anyone disagree with my analysis?

Ian.