users@glassfish.java.net

maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin upgrade failure

From: Ian Smith <the.pond_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 13:49:12 +0000

Hi List,

I've been trying to upgrade my little Java EE 6 skeleton project to
version 3.1 of the embedded API and maven plugin for some time now, but
I was hoping the final release would somehow pull things together. Alas
this is not the case, and I still can't upgrade my project.

The API upgrade seems mostly OK, although I see a lot of exceptions
about jmsra during my tests which I think I can ignore as I'm not using JMS.

The real problem is with the plugin; my integration tests are failing
because they cannot connect to the embedded server. My investigations
with netstat have confirmed that no server is running. I have looked at
the latest docs to see if there is any plugin config that I need to do,
and have applied a couple of changes, but they make no difference.

I would like to reiterate that this is a working project under 3.0.1, so
I'm not trying to connect to the wrong port or anything silly like that.
  I can and do reinstate the working version trivially by moving back to
3.0.1.

If anyone can confirm or otherwise shed any light on this I would be
very grateful. I can give a github URL for the complete project if
necessary, and provide a patch so it should be easy to reproduce this issue.

One more thing, during the server launch there is an info line about not
finding a derby jar. I don't know if this is significant but again, it
does not happen in 3.0.1.

Regards,

Ian.