users@glassfish.java.net

Re: tmueller wrote:Yes. See here

From: Paul M Davies (Oracle) <"Paul>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:28:03 -0700

Hi,

Did you also follow the instructions for updating the monitorable object
tree
<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2415/ghplw.html>?
To get the stats, the stats must be added to the monitorable object tree.

Regards,
-Paul Davies

On 03/28/11 03:32, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> [quote=tmueller]Yes. See here for details of how to do this in
> GlassFish 3.1.
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2415/ghmos.html Tom
> [/quote]
>
> I'd imagine yes, but does this work for connectors (rar files as
> opposed to
> jar files)? I've probably missed something...
>
> I've followed the instructions - created a provider class, created a
> probe,
> added an entry to the manifest.mf file and then called the event from my
> code. There isn't anything in the logs saying it has found my probe and I
> don't seem to be able to get any stats - I've tried to enable the
> monitoring
> by adding my module to the monitoring service config with no effect -
> should
> this be the module name here?
>
> <prperty name="mymodule" value="HIGH"/>
> If I use the debugger to step into event it simply shows my stub,
> whereas I'd
> expect to see some injected server code - but that could be a bad
> assumption.
>

> Have I missed something obvious?
>
> Thanks
>
> john
>

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'jsl123']

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Paul Davies| Principal Technical Writer| +1.408.276.3413
Oracle GlassFish Server Documentation
4140 Network Circle, Santa Clara CA 95054, USA
Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> 	Oracle is committed to