users@glassfish.java.net

pauldavies wrote:Hi, Did you

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:14:32 -0500 (CDT)

[quote=pauldavies]Hi, Did you also follow the instructions for updating the
monitorable object tree

Not initially, I'll be honest - I originally misread the docs and thought
that was just for monitoring other events. I've since added that and I can
now see my count in the monitoring tree, but still no events seem to be
processed. I've added the sample code from the docs to see if I was doing
anything, but it doesn't seem to make any difference - the event listener
isn't triggered.

Looking at the source code and turning logging up full, I would expect to see
it "discovering probe providers"  when i deploy my rar, but this doesn't
happen, in fact there is no mention of my probe provider in the logs. In
addition I've just noticed a warning that the no probes are defined for the
listener, so it would appear that either the rar file isn't scanned on
deployment or there is something wrong with the manifest that stops it
picking up my provider?

Any ideas?

Thanks

--