users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1 Admin

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:09:41 -0700

Reading all the replies, i am seeing:

bob63: create new domain with username/password. can't access console
if DAS is on SPARC Solaris, Linux works fine
rkonkimalla: same experience if DAS is on Solaris, Window works
fine. Solve the issue by starting the server specifying --host.
asadmin --host <glassfishinstallationhostname> --port 4848 start-domain.
fredmestre: experience issue, but didn't specify which platform
farble1670: experience issue, but didn't specify which platform

All of you are seeing "user [] from host localhost doesnt have
adminitration access" in server log.

@bob63/fredmestre/farble1670, Can you access the console out-of-box ?
ie, without any password required.
Have you tried specifying the host name when starting up the server like
rkonkimalla did ?
Have you tried creating the domain without any password and see if that
works ? Just want to isolate the problem.

If there is any info about how that Solaris machine is configured, that
may help too.

thanks
Anissa.