users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Re: Glassfish Windows

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:10:12 -0500 (CDT)

[quote=tmueller]It appears that the server is crashing while deploying the
application. Are there any messages in the server.log file? Try starting the
domain using "asadmin start-domain --verbose" in one command window, and then
deploy the application from another command window. I expect that the server
will exit when the application is deployed. Does it print any messages before
doing so? Tom On 3/18/2011 3:50 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote: > I am using
glassfish 3.1 (build 43). When I deploy an application either > through the
admin console or using the asadmin deploy command, glassfish > server stops
and I get an error "Remote server does not listen for > requests > on
[localhost:4848]. Is the server up?" (on the asadmin command line > console)
> and error 101 (connection reset error) on the admin console. > > The same
deployment works on windows XP and Windows 7. Are there any > socket >
timeout settings which need to be configured or something specific to >
Windows > 2008 R2? > >[/quote]

You are right. The server is crashing while deploying the application and
after running in verbose mode I was able to capture the file name of the
error file generated during jvm crash. Everytime the crash is while getting a
physical connection to the database server. In our application we using a
universal connection pool through which connections are created. The
stacktrace from the error file is

V  [jvm.dll+0x24ba0f]

j  oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.logon()V+825

 oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;Loracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriverExtension;)V+323

 oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;Loracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriverExtension;)V+4

 oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CDriverExtension.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;)Ljava/sql/Connection;+34

 oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;)Ljava/sql/Connection;+296

 oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(Ljava/util/Properties;)Ljava/sql/Connection;+250

 oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/sql/Connection;+197

 oracle.ucp.jdbc.DataSourceConnectionFactoryAdapter.createConnection(Loracle/ucp/ConnectionRetrievalInfo;)Ljava/lang/Object;+51

 oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolImpl$UniversalConnectionPoolInternal.createOnePooledConnectionInternal(Loracle/ucp/ConnectionRetrievalInfo;)Loracle/ucp/UniversalPooledConnection;+74

 oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolImpl$UniversalConnectionPoolInternal.access$600(Loracle/ucp/common/UniversalConnectionPoolImpl$UniversalConnectionPoolInternal;Loracle/ucp/ConnectionRetrievalInfo;)Loracle/ucp/UniversalPooledConnection;+2

 oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolImpl.createOnePooledConnection(Loracle/ucp/ConnectionRetrievalInfo;)Loracle/ucp/UniversalPooledConnection;+5

 oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolImpl.borrowConnectionWithoutCountingRequests(Loracle/ucp/ConnectionRetrievalInfo;)Loracle/ucp/UniversalPooledConnection;+569

 oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolImpl.borrowConnection(Loracle/ucp/ConnectionRetrievalInfo;)Loracle/ucp/UniversalPooledConnection;+21

 oracle.ucp.jdbc.JDBCConnectionPool.borrowConnection(Loracle/ucp/ConnectionRetrievalInfo;)Loracle/ucp/UniversalPooledConnection;+2

 oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;)Ljava/sql/Connection;+25

 oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/sql/Connection;+4

The error on the console was

#

#

#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000006da3ba0f,
pid=4352, t

id=4608

#

# JRE version: 6.0_23-b05

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (19.0-b09 mixed mode
windows-amd64

compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# V  [jvm.dll+0x24ba0f]

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# E:\Syndev\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1\config\hs_err_pid4352.log

#

#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

#

Command start-domain failed.

Since the topmost line indicates a call to the jvm.dll, does it indicate
something wrong with the jdk installation on this 64 bit machine? Any
suggestions?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'table1']