users@glassfish.java.net

WS-AT impl in GF 3.1 has changed in an backward-incompatible way

From: Brian Leathem <bleathem_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:22:26 -0800

Hello All,

I have a simple webservice exposed via a @WebService annotation on an
EJB in a GF 2 environment. This webservice is consumed via a
@WebServiceRef annotation on an EJB property in a GF 3 environment.
This worked great in GF 3.0.1.

In trying out the glassfish 3.1 release candidates, I noticed this was
no longer working, so I filed an issue:
http://java.net/jira/browse/WSIT-1532

In that issue, Marek has pointed out to me that I should put a
Metro-specific @Transactional annotation to the EJB now. I'm assuming
he means I put this on the webservice source, which for me is in GF v2.
I tried this, but I get a "WSGEN FAILED" message when I try to deploy to
GF v2 with that annotation. Is this @Transactional annotation available
in GF 2.1?

Is there some other way I can proceed to get the webservice client to
work in GF 3.1? I really don't need transactions for this, it is just a
simple lookup. The only reason they are exposed/consumed via EJB's is
just a matter of convenience, as that is where the rest of the logic sits.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Leathem