users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish embedded specification violation...I think...

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 15:40:16 -0500

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>wrote:

> Are we on the same page now?

:-D Working on it. Let me see if I can dig up one of my many bug reports
in this area. In one of them, where I railed on incessantly about how
javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer didn't let me test @Remote EJBs, the bug
was marked as won't fix (or something like that) and I was politely and
graciously steered in the direction of the org.glassfish.embeddable APIs,
which I was told fully supported--by design--_at_Remote EJBs.

I reread the EJB 3.1 specification and indeed, of course, it says that
EJBContainer doesn't support @Remote EJBs, so I thought oh, OK,
org.glassfish.embeddable is clearly the way to go.

I want to have it confirmed by you (or someone else) that indeed this is a
firm foundation that I can build my @Remote EJB testing on top of. Then
I'll be on the same page. :-)

Thanks,
Laird