users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Verbose Class loading in 3.1 (b30)

From: Rebecca Parks <rebecca.parks_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:09:33 -0800

Hi Tom, Byron, and Sahoo,

I have attempted to consolidate what you have said for the debugging
chapter of the Dev Guide. Here's what I have. Please correct as needed.

*****
To generate class loading messages, use the following asadmin
create-jvm-options command:

asadmin create-jvm-options -verbose\:class

To send the JVM messages to a special JVM log file instead of stdout,
use the following asadmin create-jvm-options commands:

asadmin create-jvm-options -XX\:+LogVMOutput
asadmin create-jvm-options
-XX\:LogFile=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/logs/jvm.log

To send the GlassFish Server messages to the Admin Console instead of
stderr, start the domain in verbose mode as
described in Enabling Verbose Mode.
*****

Rebecca