users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Verbose Class loading in 3.1 (b30)

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:38:14 -0600

  Try doing both. With today's 3.1 build, I added:

<jvm-options>-verbose:class</jvm-options>

to the server-config, java-config element of the domain.xml, and then
ran "asadmin start-domain --verbose" and I see a message printed for
each class that is loaded.

The JDK verbose messages are printed to stdout, not a logger, so the
--verbose option on start-domain is needed to see the output. If you
want the output to go to a log file, you can add the following JVM options:

<jvm-options>-XX:+LogVMOutput</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-XX:LogFile=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/logs/jvm.log</jvm-options>

if you are using the JDK.

Tom