users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Verbose Class loading in 3.1 (b30)

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:32:52 -0800
I just added it and I got a TON of new output.  Try this

1) Run this command to add the jvm option (the backslash is important!)

asadmin create-jvm-options -verbose\:class

It will create a line like below -- if you add it manually (not recommended!) it must match this EXACTLY.

<jvm-options>-verbose:class</jvm-options>

2) start in verbose mode.  The classloading messages will disappear if you don't start this way.  You have to do special things with -XX options in order to get output from the JVM into a file.  V3.0 did this by default, 3.1 does NOT do this by default.

asadmin start-domain --verbose

asadmin start-domain --verbose > afile  // this works pretty well because the GF log messages go to stderr whle the JVM messages go to stdout