users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using Xalan native jars in Glassfish V3 - WHY?

From: Pete Helgren <pete_at_valadd.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 11:10:19 -0600

My prior post may not have made it back to the list so I am reposting as
I need to resolve this soon:

The IBM J9 JVM that I have to use doesn't contain the
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.* classes as far as I can tell and that causes
the Administration Console to fail. So I was going to "manually"
include them. *Just* for Glassfish.

So I still need to know: Where do I put the jars? What configuration
changes/directives do I need to make?

The jvm-options entry is in the email below . I put the jars in several
different places to no avail. The error still points to missing xalan
classes that are only found in Sun's implementation of the JVM:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.
sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl not found

Just need to implement the standalone Xalan from Apache to work around
this issue. How do I do that?

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.asaap.com