users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish support for Oracle DB violates Best Practice

From: ludovic champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:17:19 -0800

On 11/19/2010 09:54 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> The only way I could get GF 3.0.1 to use Oracle DB via a datasource using
> OCI was by copying the OCI jar to gf/domain/lib - a violation of Oracle
> best practice since OCI jars MUST stay in sync with the OS install
> package .

Hi,
where is the guideline described? Also, where is the OS install package
for a Windows system a Solaris system, an Opensolaris system (IPS based)
and IBM AIX system?
Not having control on these type of jars could also lead to nasty side
effects in your deployed app, including not being Java EE certified...

Ludo