users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using Xalan native jars in Glassfish V3 - WHY?

From: Sanjeeb Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:29:20 +0530

On Monday 08 November 2010 09:13 PM, Pete Helgren wrote:

> Based on what I have seen, it should work but I need a confirmation
> from the Glassfish team that I can *never* use any other Transformer
> than the one included in the Sun JVM. Once I hear that, I'll stop trying.
You are mixing things here. Ability to use a different transformer by
your application is different from configuring glassfish to use a
different transformer for its operation. The former is definitely
possible using the techniques mentioned in JAXP APIs. The latter is a
hard dependency of glassfish for which I have no explanation. May be
it's just a bug in the glassfish code. I just filed issue 14500 and have
copied you there.

Sahoo