users@glassfish.java.net

localhost:4848 problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:01:29 PDT

Hello I am working with NetBeans 6.7.1 bundled with GlassFish 2.1. I am a little confused because the box I am working on was previously installed with a standalone version of GlassFish. Therefore, there are directories with logs that say GlassFish on them.

I have some very basic questions. Where is GlassFish when it gets installed with this bundle? Is it: All Programs/Sun Microsystems/Application Server 2.1.1?????????

If so, if I go to the admin console and it navigates to this url: http://localhost:4848/
and I get this error:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

   What you can try:
     It appears you are connected to the Internet, but you might want to try to reconnect to the Internet.

     Retype the address.

   Most likely causes:
•You are not connected to the Internet.
•The website is encountering problems.
•There might be a typing error in the address.

 What should I do?

I have read some other forums that advised me to do the following:

1. Change the C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1\config\domain.xml file so that all instances of 0.0.0.0 are either replaced with "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" - I have tried this and no luck here.

2. also it said to do the following to the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

127.0.0.1 <<hostnameof the server>> localhost
"# ::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

None of this has worked for me so far.

Also, I have one more question:

Where are the log files for the server? (The root path). I know this sounds like a silly question, but my box has traces of this and that on it and I cannot determine where I should be looking to study the behavior of the server.

Thanks very much,
Midani
[Message sent by forum member 'midani']