users@glassfish.java.net

HTTP chunking and JAXWS responses

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 13:54:27 PDT

Hi,

I'm using Glassfish v3, and have deployed a JAX-WS web service. I'm noticing that the SOAP responses are chunked. I don't want the responses to be chunked, as the client does not accept them. I tried disabling this transfer encoding through the admin console, by de-selecting the "Chunking" check box on the "HTTP" tab of each of the http listeners. However, this does not seem to disable chunking.

Interestingly, if I set the com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.HttpAdapter.dump system property to true, the responses are not chunked. But this creates a lot of unnecessary logging.

How can I disable HTTP response chunking in the Glassfish v3 container when responding to SOAP requests?

Thank you!
[Message sent by forum member 'jaxwsuser']