users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Move admin console to different URI

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:51:29 -0700

  On 9/30/10 7:53 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> For security reasons, I'd like to move my GlassFish (3.0.1) Admin Console to a new URI. With the default configuration, if you type
> http://localhost:4848/asdfasdf and haven't loaded the admin console before, you get a 'page loading' screen, THEN a 404. I'd like for the console to only respond to requests for a specific URI (e.g., http://localhost:4848/adminconsole) and for all other URIs to simply return a 404.
Hum....Not only the admin console is using 4848. We also have the CLI
adaptor under __asadmin/ and the REST management and monitoring access
there under management/ and monitoring/, so it is not simple...
Which exact security issue are you addressing (assuming you already
added user/password and used https to be secure, of course...)
Ludo