users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't log into GF console with nightly build

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:29:51 -0400

So it looks like the problem is that the restAuthURL property, which I found
in the domain.xml file, still had the old default admin port 4848 set in the
URL of its value like so:

<property name="restAuthURL" value="
http://localhost:3838/management/sessions"></property>

After much digging in the admin console (which I was able to access after
updating the domain.xml by hand) I found this property in Configuration ->
server-config -> Security -> Message Security ->Http Servlet then click on
the Providers tab, then click on the Provider ID named GFConsoleAuthModule
then look in the Additional Properties section. Wow talk about buried.

Anyhow, it seems to me that it would make sense to not have the port value
for this property hard coded but to have it key off of the port value set by
the Port value set in Network Config -> Network Listeners -> admin-listener.
I think that 99% of the time those two values will be the same and 99% of
the time people will expect that changing the Network Listener port for the
admin-listener is all they need to do to be able to access the admin console
on a non-default port but as I found out that's not the case.

-Noah

--
"Computers are fast. They just take longer."