users@glassfish.java.net

Re: UTF-8 in JDBC principal name?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:34:26 PDT

I am running glassfish v3.
I have a UTF8 mysql db providing the auth data for the security realm.
I have a cyrliic username as a principal.

I CAN log in from a SOAP service (by using programatic login in the WebService bean, the un/pw being passed in the soap header). The mysql logs show the cyrillic principal name being correctly set in the JAAS auth query.

Using form-based login in a webapp i CANNOT login - the username in the mysql logs in garbled. It seems the problem lies in the encoding of the data (all utf8ed forms/pages) being passed from the weapp to JAAS.

Using BASIC authentication i CAN login with Chrome, but CANNOT with Firefox due to the different way they handle Unicode in this method.

Hope this gives you a clue. I am trying to find out how i can get the unicode principal name passed correctly from the webapp to JAAS. Zip so far.
[Message sent by forum member 'andrewmp']