users@glassfish.java.net

UTF-8 in JDBC principal name?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 03:14:41 PDT

I have a webapp on Glassfish v2 with form-based login to a MySQL JDBC realm. It works fine, [i]except[/i] that principal names containing non-ASCII characters (e.g. 'härdröcker') are refused to log in.

Everything else works fine, and I have set up most parameters for UTF-8. The principal name is stored correctly in the user DB.

Is there a magic setting somewhere that I have missed? Or doesn't Glassfish v2 support UTF-8 characters in user names in JDBC realms?

(By the way, the same problem occurs for passwords, too).
[Message sent by forum member 'tmpsa']