users@glassfish.java.net

JNDI global names: log reports EJBs as being from different jar files?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:21:05 PDT

In one of my applications, I have two EJB jars. One is for doing reports, the other is for managing people.

I just happened to glance at the server.log during startup and noticed this:

[code]
[#|2010-09-21T16:51:45.993-0400|INFO|glassfish3.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.ejb.com.sun.ejb.containers|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Portable JNDI names for EJB PersonManagerBean : [java:global/foobar-1.0-SNAPSHOT/foobar-jasperreport-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT/PersonManagerBean!com.foo.party.api.PersonManager, java:global/foobar-1.0-SNAPSHOT/foobar-jasperreport-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT/PersonManagerBean]|#]
[/code]

The log appears to be telling me that my application's "person stuff" is being hosted out of my "reports stuff".

I have checked both jar files in the ear, and each contains what it is supposed to.

The log message goes on to make other JNDI name entries that are more correct.

Is this simply a log message error, or are there silent and incorrect JNDI entries being made? Or is this some way of Glassfish telling me that these EJBs can all see each other?

I'd file a bug but every time I've touched Bugzilla today I've screwed something up. Time to quit while I'm ahead? behind?

Thanks,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']