users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment issues with b19 and b20

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:31:33 PDT

I updated the bug with a vastly simplified test case (see the latest attachment therein).

The simplified test case does not use any @SessionScoped or @Inject annotations.

But it does have a beans.xml in WEB-INF, which is empty.

The mere presence of this file causes deployment of the .ear to fail.

Please raise the priority of this bug.

(Now what I can't figure out is that I have an application in the Real World (tm) that has the beans.xml file, and actually uses some features of CDI, and everything seems to work OK on b19 at least. I began by trying to make my test case gradually match my real app, but I can't even get [i]close[/i] to my real app without encountering deployment failure. Weird.)

Thanks,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']