users@glassfish.java.net

Configuring format of server log

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 04:24:42 PDT

Hi,

The problem is as follows: formely I used JBoss AS, which uses Log4J for the logging purposes, so one can set up desirable logging pattern, like %C to output the fully qualified class name of the caller issuing the logging request, etc (see http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/PatternLayout.html). As I understood - in Glassfish we can change log formatter class:

Formatter

    Uses UniformLogFormatter to format the records in the log file.

    com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.FileandSyslogHandler.formatter=com.
    sun.enterprise.server.logging.UniformLogFormatter

but default formatter's pattern can't be configured and it seems pretty weird (for me).

So, the question: does anybody knows another implementations of the Formatter, which pattern can be configured and which I can use in Glassfish?
[Message sent by forum member 'alexander_kiselyov']