users@glassfish.java.net

Applying module patches as jar file(s)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 02:50:15 PDT

Hi All,

Given a glassfish as our production application server, we need to delpoy our patches (or modules) as jar file without redeploying the whole application.
In our .ear file, we have multiple EJB modules, and we want to deploy our patch as jar file so that it replaces its previuos versoin of that module.
If it is possible, the deployer is not required to extract the patch (which is in jar style) when replacing with the previuos one and just copying and replacing the old jar file would be enough.
Please note that restarting the domain is not a concern, no problem with it

Thanks for giving ideas,
Nasser Fard
[Message sent by forum member 'nasseria']