users@glassfish.java.net

Re: manipulating server.policy after deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 02:39:53 PDT

Thanks Kumar for the reply and link, I did not know a lot about JAAC actually.
I managed to work with it,

When I add the belolw entry in security.policy, it perfectly worked without the need to redeploy the

whole application, so restarting the domain is fine.

grant codeBase "file:/our-application/-" {
    permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

As it's clear, it's just enough to put /our-application/ as path value. We tested it many times and

found out that giving the path as absolute from ${instanceRoot} will not work. We were using the below

link from glassfish documentation that explicitly stated to address that path from ${instanceRoot}.
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4496/beabx?l=en&a=view

it strangely will not work!
grant codeBase "file:${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/j2ee-apps/-" {
    permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

It was against our experience, but it worked finally BTW.

Thanks Kumar,
Nasser Fard
[Message sent by forum member 'nasseria']