users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish as a service on windows: asadmin create-service fails

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:10:23 PDT

And there we have it.

The id element as generated by the create-service command is an invalid Windows service identifier. Um, how did this ever work?

I changed the id element to be, simply, LEADGlassfish (LEAD has meaning in my business domain). Then I took a flying leap of faith that domain1service.exe was actually an executable as produced by Kohsuke's winsw project, and followed his instructions here: http://kenai.com/projects/winsw/pages/Home

So after the edit to the configuration file, I could do:

domain1service.exe install

...and the service installed fine.

I'll update the bug report. I will also post a blog entry. Well, THAT was painful.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']