users@glassfish.java.net

Unit testing with Maven and javaee-api dependency

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:54:28 PDT

Hi,

While migrating to GlassFish V3 I had to change my Maven pom.xml to use the javaee-api dependency (scope = provided) so that my code would compile.

I now have hundreds of unit tests that fail because the javaee-api does not provide implementation classes for JSF things such as FacesContext, ValidatorException, ExternalContext, etc.

> Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/faces/validator/ValidatorException

I've tried adding the Mojarra implementation as a dependency but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante']