users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1 (latest nightly/promoted) session replication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 04:59:46 PDT

Hi,

I set up a 3 nodes cluster with one instance on each node and deployed the clusterjsp application from glassfish 2.1.1 samples as well as an own test servlet that prints out session id and cookies from the http request. I deployed both apps with --availability-enabled=true.

When I connect to the cluster (via nginx loadbalancer) I am always getting new sessions from the node instances.

The same setup with GF 2.1.1 works fine, so I checked domain.xml from GF 2.1.1 and compared it to the one of GF 3.1. All settings seems to be the same.

In GF 3.1 instance logs on the three nodes there are entrys for "received ReplicationFramePayloadCommand" and others that indicate an active session replication but somehow it does not work.

Am I missing something or is session replication not yet fully implemented in GF 3.1?
[Message sent by forum member 'jjackb']