users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling JSP is slow on v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:01:30 PDT

Hey all,

I can understand and appreciate the issue behind it being slow.. but if it's fast after first access, why not have it pre-compile them all upon deploy (at least to production)?

Also, I am not sure if Eclipse can be set up this way, but I am pretty sure netbeans can just reload the jsp pages on the fly when you remotely connect the debugger... at least I think it can. I recall something like this in the past where I could save the .jsp page and it would reload when I accessed it without having to build/deploy the .war file each time. That said, I now do the build .war, redeploy to autodeploy folder myself. I still haven't figured out how to deploy without using the autodeploy folder short of using the admin interface to load the .war file. Is there some way to point a domain to one (or more) developer paths where are .war files are located.. or more so, our class files and web pages, so that it can quickly reload from our actual project path instead of having to redeploy each time we make a change?
[Message sent by forum member 'andjarnic']