users@glassfish.java.net

Issues with JavaMail in OSGi Bundle

From: Robert Weeks <RWeeks_at_ext-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:25:51 -0700

Hello -

We are seeing an issue we can't seem to get past when creating multipart mail messages within an OSGi bundle using JavaMail (the included module in Glassfish) - using v3.0.1.

I have searched and have seen this issue, and it was said to be fixed, but we are seeing it quite readily.

The error we are getting is:

    javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type multipart/alternative;

I know this was caused by the JAF looking for the mailcap file within the META-INF directory - and there were some classloading issues that were present - but this was supposedly fixed in 3.0.

If I look at the properties manually before I do any of the calls, I can see them there:

MailcapCommandMap mc = (MailcapCommandMap) CommandMap.getDefaultCommandMap();
 for (String type: mc.getMimeTypes()) {
     log.debug(" Type ): " + type);
 }

as well as I have tried to set them this way - but to no avail. We consistently get this message when trying set the content.

Is anyone else still seeing this as well - and if so, how to get around it?

I have tried quite a few routes and wanted to get anyone else's experiences with this.

Thanks a lot.

--
Robert B. Weeks