users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Question on included JEE versions and packaging apps with Maven

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:11:58 PDT

Craig and Harald,

thanks for the clarifications with the JEE specs, the binaries included with Glassfish (or any other container), the compilation process, etc.

In retrospect I should have realized that myself, basically the same stuff when you're developing against OS APIs, .Net Framework, or whatever.

To Alexis, I thought I had gotten the latest source code version because form whereever I got it from it said this was an updated version. However, looking at the SVN repo that you linked I see that the code in the ZIP must be from March or earlier. Follow-up with more issues in the book's forum.

Thank you all so much,

Christoph
[Message sent by forum member 'cwienands']