users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish bundled library update (3.0.2?)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 06:50:29 PDT

Hi all

I'm increasingly noticing that there are fixes for bugs I'm hitting in newer stable releases of libraries that Glassfish bundles. These releases, like Weld 1.0.1.Final, Mojarra 2.0.3 and EclipseLink 2.0.2, don't seem to be available via the Update Tool.

Are there any plans for a Glassfish 3.0.2 incorporating updated bundled libraries? There's no mention of a 3.0.2 on https://glassfish.dev.java.net/roadmap/ , but I guess there wouldn't need to be a full release to provide updates to bundled libraries.

I can always replace the OSGi bundles in the Glassfish modules dir, or (except presumably with Weld) bundle a new version in my war. I'm just curious to find out if there's any plan afoot for an update rollup.
[Message sent by forum member 'ringerc']