users@glassfish.java.net

Re: singleton lifecycle webservice

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 06:44:46 PDT

Finally I found the problem: the type of the project. In NetBeans I created the web service in a "Web Aplication" project so it was deployed into a servlet container in Glassfish and @Stateless and @Singleton annotations don't work. You must create the ws in a "EJB Moule" project and it will be deployed into a EJB container so @Stateless and @Singleton annotations work correctly.

As Java EE 6 says "Singleton session beans offer similar functionality to stateless session beans but differ from them in that there is only one singleton session bean per application, as opposed to a pool of stateless session beans, any of which may respond to a client request. Like stateless session beans, singleton session beans can implement web service endpoints."
[Message sent by forum member 'emoya']