users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSTL diferences in GlassFish V3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:46:41 PDT

The uri http://java.sun.com/jstl/core was used in jstl 1.0 and the uri http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core was used in jstl 1.1. All releases of jstl, (including v3) still recognize the 1.0 uri for backward compatibility. So I am puzzled to learn that it works for you in v2.1, but not in v3, especially since there have been no changes in JSTL, from v2 to v3!

The new URI was introduce to jstl 1.1 because EL (expression language) was moved from JSTL to JSP. I think it is the correct thing t NOT to use something as yesterday as jstl 1.0, which is least 5 or 7 years old!

I'll let others answer your remainding issues. :-)
[Message sent by forum member 'kchung']