users@glassfish.java.net

Re: couple of beginner glassfish questions

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:48:22 -0700

On 8/20/10 8:56 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi. I am a glassfish beginner and I got a couple of questions about using Java DB (Derby) database that comes packaged with it.
>
> A few things: I am using the latest Net Beans to play around with as a beginner.I think this comes packaged with its own Java DB, which you can get to by default in Netbeans.

The java DB used in NB is the one from GlassFish...
> First of all please forgive me if these kinds of questions are unsuitable for asking in this forum. I will not ask anymore questions if I am told that noob questions are not welcome in this forum.
>

> So:
>
> 1. I cant seem to get Netbeans to recognize the Java DB in the GlassFish installlation. Can anyone help me with this?

Humm..Why do you think that? The one Nb is using is from GlassFish,
assuming you use the NetBeans that bundles GlassFish. (Java EE version)

See http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/java-db.html
possibly http://blog.jambra.net/bc/?p=1038
and in general: http://www.google.com/search?q=Netbeans+javadb