users@glassfish.java.net

couple of beginner glassfish questions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:56:17 PDT

Hi. I am a glassfish beginner and I got a couple of questions about using Java DB (Derby) database that comes packaged with it.

A few things: I am using the latest Net Beans to play around with as a beginner.I think this comes packaged with its own Java DB, which you can get to by default in Netbeans.

First of all please forgive me if these kinds of questions are unsuitable for asking in this forum. I will not ask anymore questions if I am told that noob questions are not welcome in this forum.

So:

1. I cant seem to get Netbeans to recognize the Java DB in the GlassFish installlation. Can anyone help me with this?

2. Im trying to figure out how to setup a Derby DB in glassfish from scratch.I made an attempt to set up the Java DB that comes with Glassfish, from scratch, but failed. Theres 2 menus in the JDBC section in the left pane glassFish administration console: Resource and Connection Pools. I dont imagine setting up the built in Java DB is too difficult. Can anyone please point out some resources that show you how to do this?

thx
[Message sent by forum member 'glassshark']