users@glassfish.java.net

ear-scoped JCA/resource adapter doesn't have ear's classpath?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:07:29 PDT

Checking quickly to see if this is a known bug or a known specification limitation.

A colleague of mine is reporting that an ear-scoped resource adapter we have is not finding a classpath resource that we believe it should find.

The classpath used for ClassLoader#getResource() should be--in such a case--comprised of (at least) the jars in the ear's lib directory, yes?

That is, should an ear scoped resource adapter have visibility onto the ear's classpath in the same way that, say, an EJB module should? We're not seeing it.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']