users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish suddenly failes to present JSP files of deployed web application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:09:34 PDT

Hi all,
I'm using glassfish v.3 with netbeans v 6.9 for a little university web project.
I've set the auto-compile & auto-deploy options off in the netbeans IDE because they were very irritating and made a lot of problems.
Since then, every once in a while when I use the "Clean and Build" option followed by deploying the web application in glassfish, the server deploys the application, but keep getting me an error of JSP service Null reference every time I try to get an JSP file of the applipcation (no matter which one).
I have to add, that even a new Hello World application using index.jsp default page is causing the same error !
In 50% of this "crash-like" scenarios I see that the 4848 port of the admin console is not available...
This is a nightmare because I have to get the glassfish directory from backup to get the server to work again. Can anyone help me ??

By the way, this admin console is giving me hell all the time. It takes almost 20 minutes to get in it after 5-6 trials. This happens on a new installation on 2 different computers. With this I can manage.

Thanks,
Omer.
[Message sent by forum member 'omerp2006']