users@glassfish.java.net

Remote lookup from Mac Glassfish v3 to Linux Glassfish v3 hangs.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:20:01 PDT

Hello,
I have 2 Glassfish servers, one running on MacOS 10.6:
java version "1.6.0_20"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02-279-10M3065)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01-279, mixed mode)

Another one on Ubuntu Linux:
java version "1.6.0_20"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode)

I have 2 different ears. One is supposed to connect to the other one via a remote lookup. If I deploy both ears in the same glassfish server, it works OK (not only setting org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost to localhost but also to the IP of the ethernet interface) both in the Linux and in the Mac box.
If I deploy the client in the Linux box and server in the Mac box it works… BUT…

If I deploy the client in the Mac glassfish box and the server in the Linux glassfish box, ic.lookup(remoteName) hangs (no error, no timeout… just hangs)

I've checked connection between both servers doing a telnet to port 3700 and works (no firewall in Linux server at all)

Thanks for any idea on what I might be missing or any directions on how to search for the problem...
[Message sent by forum member 'icordoba']