users@glassfish.java.net

IIOP Loadbalancing

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 22:49:58 PDT

Hi mates,

I got some problems with IIOP localbalancing these days and hope someone who have some successful experience with this can enlight me.

I have one stateless session bean which is deployed to two instances of one cluster in server A of Glassfish V2,1.1. This EJB is accesssed by other EJBs which deployed on aother server B.

According to some documenets I read from the Internet, IIOP LB happens when using InitialContext to get EJB object from JDNI and need to have -Dcom.sun.appserv.iiop.endpoints=un128desb1:35641,un128desb1.35637 as bootstrapping. Here un128desb1 is the host name and 35641, 35637 are two IIOP listeners of two instances in the cluster.

I have tried one standalone Java application and it was successful. My question is that if I want use this EJB in server A from another EJB in server B how can I make -Dcom.sun.appserv.iiop.endpoints=un128desb1:35641,un128desb1.35637 to bootstrap when the domain is started.

Before moving to cluster environment one JNDI external resource in server B is created. This JNDI resource points to the EJB from server A. In this JNDI definition org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort and org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost properties are added and their values are hostname and iiop listener port number of server A. It works fine for the non-cluster environment. In the cluster environment how can I put two IIOP ports into JNDI definition.

Many thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'markkechen']