users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish hangs and stops accepting connections

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:01:56 PDT

> Is it possible to check if the problem exists without
> VMWare?

Not quite so easy to do, since this happens due to the relatively high load on our production server (in vmware), and its impossible to relocate that server to a non vmware host. its just a hunch, but a cause of the problem, I think, may be clients disconnecting or network problem on the client side in mid transmit, but I cannot be sure.

But it would be interesting to know if any of the other reporting this problem runs it under vmware or not. We have had trouble with timing under vmware before (need kernel flags "clock=pit notsc") see
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1006113