users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v3 always responds with 400 Bad Request message

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:16:12 PDT

I'm trying to deploy a web application created using Eclipse in a local Glassfish server (version 3.0.1). Whenever I try to access it through my browser, I get a "400 Bad Request" message. I thought maybe something was wrong with my application, so I followed the steps here to deploy a sample application:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-1757/geyvr?l=en&a=view

I'm doing everything exactly as the guide says, and although the hello.war application deploys correctly both through asadmin and the administration console, when I try to access it from http://localhost:8080/hello, I get the same "400 Bad Request" error. I'm doing all this on a fresh Glassfish v3 installation. I also tried with the 2.1.1 version, and the same thing happens.

What could be going wrong? Is there something I have to do after installing the server before I can deploy an application? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'zamuz']