users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unsigned resource error in Glassfish 3.0.1 web start app client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:19:05 PDT

Great, the application now launches! Only problem now is that I'm stuck at the login screen :-(

We use a CallbackHandler to read the user name and password. When the handle() method is first called, we use JDialog.setVisible(true) and block until name and password are entered. When the user is done entering user name and password, we call setVisible(false) and notifyAll() and then we populate the values on the NameCallback and the PasswordCallback before returning from handle().

At this point, it seems like the handle(...) method is getting called again but I'm not sure why.

We are using an LDAP Realm named "NCS" which seems to be properly configured on the server side although I'm not sure how to test this.

Our EJBs are declared in sun-ejb-jar.xml as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sun-ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Application Server 9.0 EJB 3.0//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-ejb-jar_3_0-0.dtd">
<sun-ejb-jar>
  <enterprise-beans>
    <ejb>
      <ejb-name>WorkLocationRepositoryBean</ejb-name>
      <ior-security-config>
        <as-context>
          <auth-method>USERNAME_PASSWORD</auth-method>
          <realm>NCS</realm>
          <required>true</required>
        </as-context>
        <sas-context>
          <caller-propagation>SUPPORTED</caller-propagation>
        </sas-context>
      </ior-security-config>
    </ejb>
.
.
.

Am I missing something? Maybe something else that 2.1 was more forgiving about? I guess I'll take a look at how to enable some debugging on the server side.

Thanks for your help Tim.
[Message sent by forum member 'aner']