users@glassfish.java.net

list-domains error with multiple IP addresses

From: Major Péter <majorpetya_at_sch.bme.hu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 01:53:20 +0200

Hi,

I'm having the following problem with GF 3.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.04:
The server has multiple IP addresses on a single network adapter.
GlassFish is configured to only listen on one of the IP addresses like this:
<network-listener address="1.2.3.4" port="34848"
protocol="admin-listener" transport="tcp" name="admin-listener"
thread-pool="http-thread-pool"></network-listener>

Here the address attribute was a wild guess (since the config didn't
contained it with 0.0.0.0, and it was really hard to find, that this
attribute even exists... BUT the address stuff works as intended, and
the admin listener only listens on the specified IP address.
The problem is that after starting the domain, the list-domains provides
the following output:
random_at_host:~/glassfishv3$ asadmin list-domains
Name: domain1 Status: Not Running
Command list-domains executed successfully.

So I've removed the IP constraint and tried without that and tada.wav,
it started working. So for some reason the admin listener needs to
listen on every network interface to be able to list correctly the
active domains. BTW this works without problem on v2.1.1.
Should I report this as a bug? Under which component?

Thanks,
Peter