users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 JSESSIONID Multiple Subdomains and TLDs

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:18:18 PDT

Three areas that I have investigated:

1) Leverage Servlet 3.0 or sun-web.xml to specify the JSESSIONID cookie domain value. Unfortunately I don't think that a CSV list of domains name values can be specified as such this will not work.

2) Some how get Sun Web Server 7.0 RP to re-write the JSESSIONID cookie domain value set in the header response returned from the GlassFish v3 server.

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

3) Writing a modified version of the class in GlassFish v3 that determines the FQDN of the JSESSIONID cookie domain value so that it can better set the value i.e. strip the hostname and in the case of a .[a-z]. strip the .[a-z] as well... . In fact, that is exactly how the cookies that set the selected / determined domain locale computes its cookie domain value.

Does anyone know which class in the code I should zero in on?

I would obviously prefer a configuration solution such as 2) over a code / patch as in 3) but either way I can't see other solutions... of course all other ideas welcome. :-)
[Message sent by forum member 'ngsunw']