users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using apache codec library

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:51:12 PDT

Thanks swchan2. That gave me enough questioning in the right direction. I think that the delegate option is supposed to be set to false. That's how I get it to work. I you add the library to your project (which I do in using Netbeans>>Project>>Properties>>Add Library) and then go into your sun-web.xml file and add ' <class-loader delegate="false"/> ' which looks like...

  <sun-web-app >
    <class-loader delegate="false"/>
  </sun-web-app>

it loads the actual apache codec Base64 class just like I want it to! Thank you and I hope this helps everyone else with this problem. I found in my research that you can not override certain parent packages like .javax and some others. It works for this though.
[Message sent by forum member 'rexcardan']